We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

File size

surfer47

Likes # 0

I was looking through my photos and was struck by the size of most of them, I tried altering the image size but in some cases it didn't make a lot of difference. What contributes to the figure when the mouse arrow is hovered over a photo. Is there any way I can restrict the size of my photos? Regrds

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

In Windows when you save your images the size given when you right click on the "thumbnail" is the actual size of the stored image.

I believe that the only way you can do this is by using some imaging software but it would mean doing each photo individually. If you are worried that you are using up valuable space on your PC you could think about buying an external hard drive and saving all of your photos there.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......