We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

anyone know release date for w8

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

due to the recent death of my w7 desktop i intend to replace it with a decent ssd laptop.

so i can budget anyone know if any release day for final version, rumors seem to be late 2012

• Tags:
  • w8
Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

rumors are mid late 2012 with a beta sometime at the start.With the currant increase of TV adds for Win 7 I dont think any change will be announced yet.

Are you sure you desktop is dead

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Sunnystaines You've been around this forum for many years now so surely any desktop which is capable of running W7 cannot be that old and is within your capabilities to repair, if you wish to.

Anyway I think you should be looking at mid 2012 for a W8 release if you are thinking of saving up.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

condom

no problem replacing the m/b but fed up with desktop m/b's failing. also getting to like laptops more.

my desktop in storage in garage wile i ponder, might put it in freecycle next year.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

As you are disposing of your W7 computer, does that mean you have a W7 operating system for sale?

If so, (and it is not a OEM version), I may be interested in buying it off you.

Terry

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

terry it was a free upgarde disc i got after buying a vista ultimate oem which had a voucher inside when i built the pc.

still dithering what to do as it has ddr3 ram and a c7 quad cpu.

if i rebuild its new m/b and new oem w7. do not want to splash out to see another m/b fail after 12 months.

starting to like laptops more now.

Like this post
johnny87

Likes # 0

i hate laptops!

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

my desktop box is free to anyone who wants to collect [staines in surrey], good spec but susp the m/b is dead [msi x58 platinum] [no hdd]

Like this post
adamstuart07

Likes # 0

29 Feb 2012 is the on which Microsoft Release there first version on windows 8 lunched friends windows 8 having some very good features like .. some very new and useful features is add in the windows 8 full version which make computer word more enjoyable ...like

1:Picture Password

2:Windows Store.

3:New Apps – Mail, Messaging, Sky Drive, People, Music and more.

4:Resizable Virtual Keyboard.

4:Closing Apps.

5:Spell Check

6:Improved Keyboard and Mouse Controls.

7:Semantic Zoom.

8:File Transfer......

Support Microsoft || Compatibility With Windows 7

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

adamstuart07

is it user friendly yet for desktop/laptop users with a mouse rather than using fingers

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

This has just appeared on the Windows 8 blog

Windows 8 Release Candidate coming in May

Windows blog says near final pre-release version of Windows could arrive as early as May, but offers no sources to validate claim

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite