We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 Clock

AustinCann

Likes # 0

I have windows 7 professional service pack 1 installed on my computer. I found that the clock time does not set to new time even if I change it, after a minute or to it automatically reverts back to false settings. I tried changing it by clicking the clock time on the right bottom corner and changed it to current time. In internet time tab of change time and date setting window, it is set to time.windows.com. Is there anything I could do to set it right? What is the reason of this behaviour?

Kind Regards

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

Have you synchronized your computer clock with an Internet time serve.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Check all settings in Clock time zone you may be set to synchronize time with the wrong Country.

howto set Clock also check Region and Language settings ClickHere

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"it automatically reverts back to false settings"

That's almost certainly because the clock is set to synchronise with the wrong time zone, as lotvic suggests.

Like this post
AustinCann

Likes # 0

Yes my pc is set to sync with internet. I confirm that the time settings is set to UTC Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London and that all the settings in Regional and Languagues are correct.I wonder if that's got to do something with the hardware?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Try putting a new CMOS battery in the motherboard. That's only thing left that I know of that would cause wrong time on clock. (unless you are forgetting to click 'Apply/OK' after you change settings)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Videos leak as Microsoft sets 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

IBC 2014 news: video post, CG and VFX news from Adobe, Blackmagic, Eyeon and more

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...