We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

upgrade from Vista to Windows 7

belayer

Likes # 0

I have installed Windows 7 on my PC, and want to upgrade my wife's laptop from Vista. I have bought Windows 7.

Can I do it without losing all her files, settings, emails etc.

I don't really want to reformat and start from scratch.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Have a look at this,

Upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7 Click here see Step 2 tab.

Like this post
ventanas

Likes # 0

Provided it's a upgrade disc that you've got, and it qualifies as version (the right version of Vista to 7)and your not trying to upgrade 32bit to 64bit, then go ahead. Now done it four times and never had a problem. But it can take a few hours depending on what you've got installed, with long periods of seeming inactivity. Be patient.

Like this post
CFC23

Likes # 0

I have recently done this with my laptop,totally agree with the advice given by ventanas.

Like this post
belayer

Likes # 0

Thanks very much, will get the job done.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...