We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 with Windows Live Mail 2011-recurrent log-in problem

BorderCollie

Likes # 0

I use Windows 7, with Windows Live Mail 2011 as my email utility- with my broadband and email provider being BT.com. Recently an intermittent Live Mail sign-in problems keeps occurring- on opening Live Mail which has my correct saved password and mail.btinternet POP/SMTP details stored in it, instead of it automatically 'sending/receiving' emails, I get shown the small pop-up email log-in box that does have my saved log-in details already on it. Clicking 'connect' on this box makes the box vanish, then reappear seconds later with the same things shown. It still hasn't sent/checked emails. Then BT Broadband Help programme, which is installed on my p.c. kicks in, saying it has detected a problem with my email programme- do I wish to 'Fix' or 'Ignore' it? If I select 'Fix", the Help programme starts, and eventually I get shown the Results box, which states "No fault found-Working" If I then exit the BT Broadband Help programme, plus close Windows Live Mail, and then restart Live Mail up from scratch, it connects to BT and sends/receives my emails fine. It's getting annoying. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how did you fix it? Thanks, Dave Grieve, Scotland.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I am also with BT and have had the same problem with WLM and it's logon box. I've finally got mine working properly again.

How many email accounts are you pulling in? I am using three. BT, Live and Gmail.

With BT set as my default account I went to Account Properties and under the General tab I ticked the box "Include this account......etc". Apply.

Touch wood, the login box has not reappeared.

Hope this works for you.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do