We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Configuring updates Hangs at Stage 3 of 3

Standfast

Likes # 0

I have been watching Windows updates loop through stage 3 for the nth time, it never ends. I have also tried to do a system restore but it also hung at 'finalizing file restore' as well. I am using Vista Home Premium 32 Bit. Any suggestions?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

There are several things you could try. If you have a Windows Vista install disk you could try a System Repair which is different to a system restore that you have already tried. The instructions for carrying out different procedures in an attempt to solve your problem are here enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You may find that booting into safe mode that the updates will complete. Try that first.

Like this post
Standfast

Likes # 0

Thank you. I got impatient though and later that day did a full restore (again), so soon I may approach the point I got to before with the stage 3 loop. At which point I will try your suggestions before anything else. So thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...