We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

iplayer and flash player

tristar

Likes # 0

I've tried to catch up on a program using iplayer, which has been working fine in the past. Now I'm getting a message to install flash player to watch program. I've downloaded flash player 11 - but iplayer still won't work for me. Have I missed something?

tristar

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Have a look here enter link description here

Like this post
tristar

Likes # 0

Thank you, northumbria61. Tried the suggestions on the site you told me about, but with no luck, I'm afraid. In the end I downgraded to an earlier (working) version of firefox and now I can use flashplayer again.

I appreciate your suggestion, thank you. Regards, tristar.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Hi

Although not helpful to you I am using latest version of firefox with Flash player 11.1.102.55 and Flash Player Active X version 10.3.180.42 and all is ok.(did you download the updated Flash 11 suitable for Firefox?)

Just thinking out loud - are you watching iplayer programmes after you have downloaded them to bbc iplayer desktop? If so, do you have Adobe Air installed.

Like this post
dave2207

Likes # 0

Try checking whether you have selected "Active-X FIltering" under the "Tools" menu in IE9. Selecting this will disable all Active-X functions, including Flash.

Like this post
abbey.james

Likes # 0

Aimersoft DVD ripper is a good choice. It is Quick dvd ripper software to the right format for your mobile device, desktop application, or internet upload, so you can watch, edit and share your favorite movies anywhere.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch the Windows 9 launch event: no live video stream so catch our Windows 9 launch live...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK