We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how to kill cyber defender

Richard Hill

Likes # 0

need help to get rid of this crazy software, i cannot close it anymore from my laptop, i appreaciate if any idea

Like this post
a member

Likes # 0

i have come across this software before ,it can be removed from the Add/Remove section in control panel. click start/control panal/programs and features. it should be in that list ,just highlight it and uninstall ,restart and install your new software .

Like this post
a member

Likes # 0

I have just read that some later versions dont appear in add remove options ,what OS do you have ?

Like this post
linux2aixdotcom

Likes # 0

Try installing CCleaner . Follow the instructions to download and install it. You might want to run the Cleaner to free some space, but that's not your main problem now.

IF you look at the left side of the interface, you will see something called "Tools". It is the one with the wrench icon. Click it, and select "Startup". Remove everything there that has to do with the CyberDefender program. If you are unsure about what an entry means, google the process name. The entry MIGHT look something like this: C:\Program Files\Cyber Defender\CybDef.exe . Remove it by right-clicking, and selecting "Off".

Next, go back to the list you saw when you first clicked on "Tools", by clicking the "Uninstall Programs" box. Scroll down, and find Cyber Defender. Click "uninstall" from the menu on the right.

Reboot your computer. If it does NOT appear when you start your computer, and it is not in the "Uninstall Programs" list after you reboot, you can safely say it is gone. After that, you should open the CCleaner again, click on "Registry" from the left menu and run the scan. Backup, and clean the errors. Next, run the cleaner part of the program. This should remove at least some of the traces left behind.

It should work, but you have downloaded a Rouge Antivirus program, and they are usually hard to get away, after all, it is a kind of virus. More at

http://www.linux2aix.com/

Like this post
slatwater

Likes # 0

Stop its process firstly and go to control panel, uninstall cyber defender,you may follow the steps listed here.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'