We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Two DVD"S? With My Copy Of PCA

Crosstrainer2
Resolved

Likes # 0

My copy of the magazine just popped through the letterbox, and It enclosed to copies of the DVD. Identical. Anyone else had this.?

I will pass the spare onto a friend so it won't go to waste!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You got twins? Congratulations ;)

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

lotvic :)) very good!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I suppose it better than having none, then having to chase it up, if you want the dvd?.

We have a local business that sells all types of returned magazines, usually with that months date on, and if there are dvd's on offer, then its usually the case that some of the computer magazines have the dvd's removed. I wonder why?.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

I actually don't use the DVD software, as I'm all Mac now, but have plenty of friends who appreciate the content. I still enjoy reading the magazine and keeping in touch with what's going on in the world of Microsoft.

I may create a small bootcamp partition on my iMac and install Windows 8 when it's a little further down the BETA track in order to keep up with things, as friends will be upgrading no doubt.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"...Windows 8 when it's a little further down the BETA track"

That might be as early as January 2012, although nothing has been announced so far. The version that's currently available is intended for developers, and isn't really suitable for use on home computers.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

FE

Thats what I thought, and Im happy to wait.....Don't want to mess up my machine :))

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 1

Crosstrainer2 - give us our disc back! Just kidding. Thanks for letting us know, it's a mistake, clearly, I just hope it doesn't mean someone else missing out. Perhaps you could use one as a coaster? As to why the discs are taken off older mags, I would imagine it is because the software on them is licensed only for a certain time period.

Like this post  
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Matt Egan

It won't go to waste, I'm the only Mac chap amongst my friends! you might even get some subs. out of it.....:))

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer