We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Repair 3TB hard drive

zxcvbnm,./

Likes # 0

How to Repair 3TB hard drive It shows only - 1.99TB.??? First this problem does not come From Yours WD hard drive. All versions Windows -XP ,VISTA ,WIN - 7 suffer Amateurs programmer.

In implication all operational system have - 2TB LIMIT. A limit It means that if you buy more huge from 2TB hard drive Your Windows 7 It will receive only 2TB.

The only that can It helps out to overcome the issue is Linux -2010. Linux -2010 is purfekt operational system after quick installation You can separate Yours WD hard drive to 3 pises of 1TB. Dont Forget to separate on NTFS.

After that install Stupid Windows and Play. I personali will walk With Linux -2010.

On WESTERN DIGITAL I will recommend to Give With Each hard disk CD on Linux.

Georgie M. From Republic BULGERIA

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Possible workaround of the 2TB limit '3TB hard drive working for me' ClickHere

Like this post
a member

Likes # 0

I have 12.5 tb of storage on a multi windows 7 OS machine and every mb is recognized ,get a life go back to linux if that floats your boat .and stop scare mongering ,a simple google search will show several good workarounds. by the way ,I have heard Linux 2010 is good ,Ideal for those who are not intelligent enough to get along with more advanced systems like windows or mac.

Like this post
bluesbrother

Likes # 0

If this is not spam then I apologise to the op, but I think it is.

merlinx, there is no need to be so offensive nor to advertise your lack of intelligence, ",Ideal for those who are not intelligent enough to get along with more advanced systems like windows or mac".

Have you ever used Linux?

Like this post
a member

Likes # 0

It was a windup ,the same as the OPs post . the OP shows a blatent dislike for windows ,I just thought I would turn the tables a bit . this forum is a place for help and advice , slagging off any OS get right up my nose when I realize that members who may be on thier first ever PC will be influenced by these biased and unnessesary statements . in fact I have played with several versions of linux .its pretty good and stable .but it unfortunately offers nothing to me ,I require several softwares ,that are hardware specific and so few manufacturers even concider drivers for linux let alone full blown softwares . so I apologise if you feel offended . no offence intended .

Like this post
bluesbrother

Likes # 0

No offence taken merlinx. I'm the same as you, I get annoyed at people blindly slagging something off without trying it and as you say this forum is a place for help and advice.

Perhaps I just need to top up my 'humorous' bone.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

OP has started 3 threads the same, I have posted link to this thread on the other 2 (one's in Beta Testing and one in Vista)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

Watch new Grolsch ad that combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015