We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows installer error 1624

conrail

Likes # 0

running windows 7 home premium sp1, downloaded a program called super easy codec checker, have used it before when I had xp, as soon as it starts to load it stops working so I have tried to unistall it using its own uninstaller but I get the message 'an error occured installing the package. windows installer error 1642, doing a search for this shows I need to download KB893803-v2-x86.exe, this is apparently for xp and wont install on my pc, this program is not showing in ccleaner so cannot uninstall there, any suggestions on how I can get tid of it please?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try Revo Uninstaller if you are running 32bit - download and run from here enter link description here

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks northumbria61, should have said it is the 64bit I have, sorry, but looking atyour site

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Photoshop for Chromebook: a full version of Adobe's art & photography software will be streamed to...

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK