We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do I get rid of Widgi Toolbar

tamsin

Likes # 0

Hi I have found this on my Startup menu - Google identifies this as spyware. I have run Spyware Doctor, Malwarebytes, Advance System Care, CCleaner, Spybot - all to no avail - they do not seem to be able to find a trace of it. I try to disable it on Startup but the next time I log in it is enabled again. It does not show on the list of Add/Remove Programs. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it please.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Wiki Security will give you a procedure for removing this toolbar manually.

Like this post
tamsin

Likes # 0

Hi chub-tor Tried to manually remove items from registry - they were not there. Tried to install SpyHunter but it would not install - missing SHservices.exe

Disabled the IOBit toolbar and Widgi Toolbar in Firefox. These 2 toolbars appeared to be part of each other. But am concerned spyware is still on computer.

Tried to find a file on the IOBit web site named Unwise.exe which is supposed to delete the toolbar. But could not find it as was redirected to SkyHunter.

Would you think I should complete uninstall IOBit Advance System Care4 Pro. Have used this program in the past and been very pleased with it but this seems to have caused the problem with Widgi.

Like this post
tamsin

Likes # 0

Finally found Conduit with subfolders containing a few widgi.dll - deleted all. Seems to have done the trick.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...