We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

hotfix

conrail

Likes # 0

beginning of the week I purchased a new pc with windows 7 home premium sp1 64 bit, I installed my copy of office XP, the first time I loaded word I was asked to download 'Hotfix' I have been searching for this on ms websites but have found nothing that explains what it is, I have received an email from ms which states 'WARNING This hotfix has not undergone full testing' can anybody shed some light on this please so I can decide wether to install or not, all help appreciated

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

If you look at this article about compatibility you will see that there appears to be a problem with Office XP Outlook and Windows 7. You don't give the hotfix kb number but perhaps it was issued to fix this problem.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks chub_tor, this appears to be a problem with outlook, I just use word, xl and powerpoint and all seem to work fine so I think I will just leave alone, again many thanks for your advice

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added