We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

6 hours installing Vista SP1

emily66

Likes # 0

I decided to give SP1 one more go that was over 6 hours ago. The screen is black with at the top

32620\91310(Registry\Machine\COMPONENTS\DerivedData\versionedindex\6...)

It's been like this for 5 and half hours do I leave it or can I restart or turn it off ?

Thanks.

Like this post
mobing

Likes # 0

it must has something wrong ! i think you should turn it off !~ and try to download from another site to install again if you think it is really needed at present !

Like this post
johnathann

Likes # 0

i too suggest the same. There is some problem in the Software you are trying to install.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

This link will take you to the Microsoft FAQ for installing Vista SP1. Make sure that you are following their advice on what to do before installing this update.

Like this post
emily66

Likes # 0

Hi after waiting over 24 hours I turned the computer off. Now it can't load windows at all. Unfortunately the computer was pre-loaded with windows and I'm unable to re-install so it looks like I'll have to get a new computer now.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

There are a number of things that you can do to repair Vista rather than ditch it and by a new one but they depend on the machine that you have and whether or not it came with a Vista installation disk. Can you tell us more about your PC?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days