We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

correcting text layout on ms office 2010? please need help as soon as possible.

Jwbjnwolf
Resolved

Likes # 0

In college right now, so would be greatful if could have answer straight away.

what my prob is, is that in powerpoint 2010, when writing, when text in the same sentence appears on the next line, it does not start in the same position as were the start of the paragrath appears. it is like as so I have put some spaces in front.

Is there any way to correct this and get all text to start to appear at the same position on a new line rather than having each new line in the same paragraph appear a few spaces after where the first word appears?

I hope I have made it clear

Jase

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

By default, Powerpoint is set to centre-align text. Try changing the alignment to the left. Control L is the keyboard shortcut

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

I will try doing a screen shot as that dont work

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I know what you mean as it happens with PowerPoint 2007 too. Have a look under paragraph and indentations. The problem tends to happen with bullet points.

Like this post  
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

thanks Woolwell, will try when get into college. Like the tags? describes exactly what I think of office 2007/2010 and win7.

Have installed windows 8 dev preview on my sisters netbook next to qimo linux and it works lovely, alot better than xp, and is so much quicker at starting up and shutting down. I am amazed on how good it, although it is near enough win7 but nicer.

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

sorted now, Im guessing you meant the ruler? I tapped into help paragraph which led me to a help topic that was of use to my problem.

So Got this sorted.

I must admit, the one feature that I love with 2010 is the remove background tool for pictures, a lot more advanced than 2003. but Am running 2003 on my netbook which i gladly say has windows 8 on. It is so much nicer than windows 7.

Soon I may give a little video on how I sorted this so that Visitors can benefit from it a lot if they run into the same prob as me but don't understand this.

CYA

Jase

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...