We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

not responding and programes stopped working on acer 5535 laptop

soupie12

Likes # 0

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I think we need a bit more information than that in the title. Does the machine boot up at all, does it post through the BIOS OK? Has the screen frozen? Please tell us more about your problem.

Like this post
soupie12

Likes # 0

hi its when i try to load anything it comes up with not responding, it will be like this 2 or 3 mins and eventually load extremely slow and also warnings keep coming up with this programme stopped working no solutions found when reporting been like it ages now regards sue

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Sorry for the delay, I have been away for a few days in deepest darkest Cornwall with no internet connection. If all your programmes are responding slowly and won't load it sounds as if you have a virus or malware problem. Have you run a virus check? If so and it has not shown any viruses then you need to run a malware check and the first choice should be Malwarebytes which you can download from here You do not need the paid version, simply download and run the free version. Please let us know how you get on.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote