We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA Connection Oddity

Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Windows 7 OS

At odd times, there doesn't seem to be a pattern to it, but when I try to get into PCA I get the following... http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/4708/pcaoddity.jpg

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Hi FE

"CCleaner will clear your cookie cache, and your browser history, so when you hit our site again you'll be prompted to login, and your browser will load a new version of the homepage."

Um I'm afraid this isn't the case, because I login in a different way. First off CCleaner doesn't get rid of all the cookies. I've set it up to keep certain ones and PCA is one such cookie that it doesn't delete. Second, I have set up a link to PCA on my Desktop, taking me directly to the 'Helproom Forum'. I don't have to sign in, because I never sign out.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

FE - This is the Final UPDATE (Hopefully)

After having more problems with other sites this morning, I am now in the position to give my most sincere apologies to PCA for assuming that my problem was with them. I've changed my FF6 settings, in regard to Cookies and History etc. Cleaned everything out and am pleased to report that it now appears to be back on track. I have set it to forget everything (except 'Saved Passwords') the moment I switch it off.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"I don't have to sign in, because I never sign out."

That's because you've told CCleaner not to delete the cookie we set. Under normal circumstances, and by default, CCleaner would remove the cookie, and you would indeed have to login after ever CCleaner session.

Bear in mind that if you allow your browser to save passwords you're creating a small security vulnerability.

Thank you for the apology.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Hi FE

"if you allow your browser to save passwords you're creating a small security vulnerability."

I am aware of this, but I don't allow the saving of 'Passwords' for any security sensitive sites. Ie: online banking, ebay, pay pal transactions.

Cheers

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room