We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Factory Image getting bigger

bruno

Likes # 0

I have an HP P6206UK computer running Windows 7.When I went to My Computer this morning the usage bar on Factory Image had turned red,which I take to mean it is almost full. The usable size is 13.7gb and I have 1.11gb free.The folder is only listed in properties as 282mb. When I try to open the file it tells me only that it is only to be used for factory reset. What I don't understand is why it is getting bigger and why it is suddenly happening.I have had it for more than a year without any previous bother.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I believe this is located on the recovery partition. Sounds as if something else is finding it's way there. I do not know HP but can you look via Windows Explorer at your D(?) drive and files? You could see file and folder sizes with Treesize, a free programme:

http://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free/

You may have to allow "Show hidden files" in D drive.

Like this post
bruno

Likes # 0

I have tried all the normal ways to look at the files but all I get is a warning that it is the recovery system. I think I will just enlarge the partition as I have tons of spare space.Thanks for the advice. I will follow up your suggestion.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone