We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how to make internet explorer 9 your homepage

sat893

Likes # 0

hi, i have a new laptop, but it has bing has my web browser. i already have ie9 installed on my laptop, but when i click on that, it goes to bing, so do i make it so i have ie9 has my perferred web browser.thankyou

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Bing is not a web browser as such, The the latest w7 exploring system is IE9. Bing is a search engine like Google. I have Google as home page. If you click on the tools button (cog top right in toolbar, then on manage add ons then on manage search providers you can if you wish disable bing, as I have done.Just decide on what you want as home page and primary search provider.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Sorry, IE 9 is a browser, of course, but not a search engine as is Google or Bing. As I rather confusingly said above decide on your home page and which search engine then procede as above.Set Home page in tools , internet options, home page box.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...