We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 - Incredimail

JohnC123

Likes # 0

I have recently bought a new Dell Inspiron Laptop loaded with Windows 7. It did not come with Internet Explorer so I downloaded IE9 and installed it. Now, whenever I click the IE icon, the program comes up with :- http://mystart.incredimail,com/mb59?n followed by a string of numbers. Firstly - how can I get rid of Incredimail completely ? I tried to delete it but it keeps coming back; and secondly, how to make a real shortcut to IE 9 ?

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Re Incredimail, don't delete it, go into 'Add or Remove Programs' and uninstall it.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

As for My Start, the reason it opens with that is because when you first installed Incredimail you didn't untick the box that allowed it to make My Start IE's Home Page.

Open IE9 Click the 'Tools' tab At the bottom of the pop-up click 'Internet Options' Under the heading 'Home Page' you'll see My Start. Highlight it, right Click it, and Click 'Delete' If you Click one of the three buttons beneath that box ie 'Use Blank' Next time you click on the IE9 icon your home page will be blank, as is mine. In other words whatever address you type in that box will be your home page, until you change it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

iTunes 12 release date & rumours: When is iTunes 12 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger