We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

laptop hdmi to panny plasma strange problem

joe f

Likes # 0

i have an asus m50sa laptop running 3 gig memory with a radeon hd 3400 graphics card vista 32bit OS. i have connected it to my panny hd plasma via hdmi. all was fine, sound picture etc. i have access to my dads sky go and tonight i put the footy on, after 10 mins the laptop crashed going to a blue screen, i tried again and after about 10 mins the laptop locked up and screen froze but no blue screen.

The blue screen error stated: BUGCOREUSBDRIVER with the following report: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3 Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem: BCCode: fe BCP1: 00000005 BCP2: 866E10E0 BCP3: 80862835 BCP4: 8A89FC44 OS Version: 606002 Service Pack: 2_0 Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini090311-01.dmp C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-66862-0.sysdata.xml C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\WER5F8.tmp.versio n.txt

i tried a 3rd time but with no video ie just the desktop and it crashed after less than a minute. i had previously tested it and it was fine showing youtube etc but this was only for short periods. does anyone have any suggestions please. thanks. joe.

Like this post
joe f

Likes # 0

my apologies that my post is a bit garbled but i had posted on another forum and i cut and pasted here rather than retype. joe...........

Like this post
letsgetrdy

Likes # 0

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bluescreenview.html

That can help to identify which librarys/executables/system files crashed if you point it to your log location.

Have you tried the basics, updating graphics card drivers. Also update microsoft silverlight (Skys website uses that instead of flash).

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad