We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Firefox update loose pinned tabs

tonyq

Likes # 0

Every time I have a update to Firefox I loose the tabs that I've pinned to the taskbar. Is there anyway to spot this happening?

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Are you sure you actually pinned them to the task bar? Because it doesn't happened when FF6 gets an update on my PC?

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

Graphicool1, you could be right,please could you explain what is the correct way to pin them to the task bar.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

When you open a programme and it's 'Icon' shows on the 'Task Bar' If you 'Right Click' the 'Icon' In the pop-up menu Click on 'Pin this program to task bar' It is then pinned. It should not move unless you un-pin it.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Just a thought....

Are you talking about pinning tabs to the Firefox tab bar, rather than the Windows task bar?

The task bar is the one that runs along the bottom of your screen, showing you applications that can be launched from there.

In Firefox you can use the 'pin as app' command to pin a tab to the tab bar, where it appears as an icon, ready for frequent use - is that what you mean, by any chance?

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

I have a short cut on the taskbar to Firefox. Plesae See http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/anthonyq/Taskbar1.jpg

When I right click on the short cut, I see the following. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/anthonyq/TaskBar2.jpg

When viewing a website I drag the website icon in the address bar, down into the "Pinned Section" of the above picture,where I can right click the firefox icon in Pic 1 and click on one of the pinned websites I have saved. This works fine until there is an update for Firefox when I loose all my Pinned Items. I hope this is of help. Regards tonyq

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Hi tonyq

Screen shot 1 looks correct. Screen shot 2 also looks correct. Which version of FF are you using?

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

I have Firefox 6.0.2 which I think is the latest

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Hi tonyq

The reason I asked which FF you were using is because I use FF6 and your second pop-up menu isn't the same as mine? One thing that I've noticed is when I Right Click on any of the pinned icons on the Task bar, all I get is a pop-up menu showing only things from 'Tasks' down (nothing above?) In other words none of them show a list of pinned objects?

Also are you aware that in the 'Pinned' section FF doesn't feature?

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

Graphicool1, when I want to use FF I click on the Icon on the taskbar.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...