We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Operation has failed appears on startup

FatboySlim71

Likes # 0

Firstly I have not installed anything new, (there was a Windows update which came yesterday, so not sure if that is the cause, this is the update that cam yesterday 'Update for Microsoft Windows (KB2570791')

When my computer starts up, immediately has the programs start appearing in the notification area next to the time, I get the below appearing:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p50/PCBloke/2011-08-24_090226.jpg

Its does say on the little window that appears, see operation log for details, but has I don't know what is causing it/what program is causing it, I do not know where to look to view the log.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I go about looking to find the cause of the little window that keeps appearing.

Thanks in advance.

Like this post
FatboySlim71

Likes # 0

In the end up, I've restored my PC from a backup and its got rid of the problem.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK