We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Media Player 11 audio only on videos. It gets worse.

Hambers

Likes # 0

I problem has cropped up with WMP 11 that I've tried fixing myself with the Help button and old forum topics but I just can't find the solution.

For about 3 years or so WMP has been running fine, recently it has started only playing audio on WMV files and won't play avi files at all.

This isn't the worst of it. At the same time Windows Media Centre has stopped opening and Windows Movie Maker will import videos just fine but nothing will play or can be cut on the timeline.

According to Windows I've got the drivers needed for this laptops sound devices and the only codecs offered by Windows are for XP.

I'm really lost here. Can anyone help?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Looks like you need the Codecs Pack - link text

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...