We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Live photo Gallery

rob888uk

Likes # 0

When i copy my photos from my SD card onto my laptop and then edit them using Windows 7 live photo gallery, the photos saves all my edits and then disappears from the folder. This is so annoying and was wondering whether anyone has come across this issue? Im using a Lenovo G570 laptop with I5 2nd generation processor with 6GB DDR3 ram. My question is where did all my photos go after editing them? and why did it happen?

Thanks Rob

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Are they not just "hidden"? 1. Click the 'Start Orb' > Click 'Computer' 2. Click 'Organize' > Select 'Folder and Search Options' 3. Select the 'View' tab 4. Click 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' > Click Apply then OK

Now that you can see hidden files and folders, you need to search for your pictures.

Like this post
rob888uk

Likes # 0

but why does the photos disappear from the SD card also? it just disappears after editing them! its not to do with the hidden files or folders option. i had 257 photographs and when i select them all to change the contrast or brightness on them. i can see 1 by 1 the photos deleting from the folder and then 0 photos on the folder. can someone help me?? im

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I know that when I import photos from my SD card to the PC, there is an option to either keep the files on the SD or delete them after importing.

I would imagine you will have the same option and have selected to delete after import.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Look at the file name for a photo you are about to edit and then when it disappears search for that file name in the start menu and see where it has ended up if possible by right clicking and selecting open file location.

Has it worked in the past ?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...