We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

pc crashes when installing windows 7

middi-1987

Likes # 0

hiya I've run a wipe disk on my laptop and tried to run a clean install to windows 7 and keep coming across the same error. when windows has run through the first stage of the install my computer either freezes before it should reboot, or when the computer does reboot it jumps straight back to the first stage of the windows install. ive tried to reinstall vister and the same problem accrues. I think my hard drive may be the problem as its very noisy on boot up, would this cause the problems that im having?

Like this post
amonra

Likes # 1

If you have any doubts on the state of your HD, then now is the time to dump it and fit a new, bigger, better drive. Better for it to fail now than in a few weeks time when all your hard work goes down the pan. Dont risk it, HDs are relatively cheap now.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 1

I think my hard drive may be the problem as its very noisy on boot up, would this cause the problems that I'm having?

Yes it would and as has been suggested get yourself a new hard-drive and then install Windows 7

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room