We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 System Restore Failure

heolterrell

Likes # 0

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and have an issue with System Restore in that ia m unable to creste a restore point, or any other program that wants to make a restore point before installing is unable to do so. There is a System Image Restore Point Back Up dated 01/02/11, which i am unable to access. I receive an error message:-

"The selected Back Up could not be found. System Restore is looking for a restore point that is on your back up. Choose a different restore point."

I do not have any other restore points, is it possible that this restore point is causing the problem with System Restore

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

As System Restore is messed up, disable it, which will delete all existing restore points, reboot and then enable it again to see if it performs correctly.

Like this post
heolterrell

Likes # 0

Very good idea, already tried and failed. Thanks

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Disable your antivirus and try again. Re enable antivirus.

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

It is often worth trying system restore from safe mode

Cheers HC

Like this post
heolterrell

Likes # 0

Many thanks for eveybodies help and suggestions,i carried out all the relevant tests mentioned with no success. So i opted to re-install Windows, taking the upgrade option. Everything now is working fine. Thanks again.

Like this post
Lindburgh

Likes # 0

Did you create the System restore through SYSTEM in Control Pane?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback