We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Media Player 12 - Problems?

kwil2

Likes # 0

Hello... I'm new to Windows 7 and I'd appreciate some help with Windows Media Player 12. Problem 1: I was experimenting with adding tracks to burn without actually completing the process of burning. Now, whenever I logon, a balloon notification pops up saying I've two tracks to burn. When I open WMP12, under 'Unknown' the two tracks are there. These were certainly on the CD I was experimenting with. However, when I right-click>Delete, they simply won't delete Advice please? Problem 2: maximising the WMP12 window? I've right-clicked the icon>Run as maximised etc But it's simply not holding this command and always opens up in a small window, meaning I always have to maximise it! I'm clearly missing some trick here, so could anyone advise? Many thanks

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 1

To remove the bubble then open Windows Explorer and navigate to: C:\Users{username}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder. Delete what's in the folder.

As for opening then open WMP and maximize it. Press and hold the SHIFT key while clicking on the X in the red box at top right. Hopefully WMP will then open maximized.

Like this post
kwil2

Likes # 0

Hi rdave...thanks for taking time to reply. Followed your instructions and the bubble's now gone. However, when I go into WMP12, the two tracks are still there under 'Unknown' and still won't delete. Under 'Burn' the option 'Clear List' is greyed out. There must be something simple here a newbie like me is missing. Any further suggestions? Regards

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I've found this, though I've not tried it, and you'll lose your lists I should imagine, reset WMP to default settings.

If you haven't many albums listed then worth a try.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......