We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lost Win 7 Log in password

Blacki

Likes # 0

Hi, A friend of mine has lost his password for his laptop. He has 3 users set up on the laptop and decided to use the same password on all 3. He then forgot it. I have tried to use safe mode but it still asks me for a password. He doesn't have a password reset disk.I'm looking for some software to maybe rest it or delete the password.

Any ideas

Thanks

Blacki

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Does this help?

"Reboot the machine in Safe Mode, then log on as Administrator. The password is often left blank. You can now set the password for any or all of the other users. The next thing is to plan ahead: Click Start / Help, then look for help on "password". Follow the instructions to create a keyfile on your USB flash disk so that you will never again end up in this awkward situation."

From Microsoft Answers

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

Will I be affected by VAT MOSS? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers