We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected] Status: 4.4.7 WHY???

motherlode

Likes # 0

Sorry for dramatic headline - but it gets to the point. My hubby is having problems intermitently with emails not arriving in Outlook 2007 and the senders are reporting the following message: (email name disguised obviously)

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.

[email protected]

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected] Action: delayed Status: 4.4.7 Will-Retry-Until: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 04:10:36 -0700

These messages never do come through on either his laptop or his blackberry. Can anyone help? I have checked the blocked senders list but it's fine - not sure what else to check as I am not a PC expert (though hubby thinks I am...) and it's causing all sorts of marital probems!

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Go to http://www.tesco.net and log into their web based email. If the messages are not there, then there's a problem delivering to the tesco.net mail service. It is not a problem with your Laptop/Blackberry, but something that Tesco need to sort out.

Like this post
motherlode

Likes # 0

Hi -thanks - I logged onto Tesco this morning before hubby was up and about and there were three messages there - but obviously none since he has opened up his outlook. I never go to tesco's mail - would I expect to see ALL his emails there? I thought that if they were downloaded through outlook then they didn't appear in the server's email facility?

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Normally an email client, such as Outlook, would be configured to delete messages from the server after retrieving them. Therefore, only new messages would be shown when logging in to the web mail service. However, Outlook can be configured to leave messages on the server, which you would do if there was a need to retrieve them again with a different computer.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room