We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Vista to Windows 7

BoilerOil

Likes # 0

Hi. I have a Laptop with C:Vista and D:Windows 7 can I upgrade Vista to Windows 7 set it up and then uninstall Windows 7 on drive D: then activate windows 7 with my product key.

Like this post
Devil Fish

Likes # 0

if you have a win 7 disk you can install on your c: drive then format D:

HOWEVER i would recommend backing up everything you need 1st

Like this post
BoilerOil

Likes # 0

The windows 7 disk I have is installed on D: and activated with my product key. I want to install it on C: set up win 7 then delete win 7 on D: after I want use the the product key to re activate win 7.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

If you are going to delete the Win 7 installation on D after you have upgraded to Win 7 on the C drive then why don't you just do it before the upgrade? Format D, upgrade from Vista to Win 7 on C, re-activate and Bob's your uncle. If you have activation problems then you can do it over the phone, it won't be a problem as your hardware is unchanged.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...