We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem with Display Settings - Duplicate LT/TV

The Potter

Likes # 0

I have a 15inch widescrenn laptop hooked up to a 26in widescreen LCD TV.

Last week I fiddled with the resolution settings so I could view the online tennis in full screen rather than widescreen, things seemed to be alright though because my friend could still use YouTube etc without problem.

Since last night though, the image on the TV is not correct (the duplicate one of the laptop is fine). I noticed that the text on the desktop is wrong and the desktop image stopped about 1cm short of the left edge.

Reading a channel page in YouTube is really obvious though and the text is quite unreadable - I think it is too close together but may have that wrong.

Screen res is set to the recommended level of 1360 x 768, I have tried other levels but they don't improve things. The display is set to 1/2 Multiple Monitors and set to duplicate image on both. I did try it with TV only and with mobile disply only and then sent to projector but that made no difference and going through the clear type settings didn't help either. Performance settings changed from letting Windows handle all to best viewing performance made no difference.

I'm sure I must be missing a setting some where as the display is absolutely fine on the laptop itself.

Any ideas please?

TP

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Have you tried the display settings on the TV itself, mine works fine for weeks, then suddenly decides to go into Super Cinema mode, which displays all the characteristics you describe here.

1. Put the laptop back to the settings that worked originally
  2. Try checking the TV itself :))
Like this post
gigagiggles

Likes # 0

The native resolutions of the laptop screen and the LCD TV may differ. Some TV's allow underscan/overscan settings to match the other display.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good