We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows TEMP contains CDM folder

Pine Man
Resolved

Likes # 0

In my Windows TEMP folder I have noticed a new folder named CDM. This folder contains another folder named PList, which contains 107 files named PList0 upto PList106.

The CDM folder can be deleted but will eventually reappear.

Anybody any idea what causes this?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

PL files in the Temp folder sound as if they may be Play Lists but I'm not sure what CDM may be. A media player perhaps?

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Chub_tor

Thanks for your response.

The PList files are 'Setup Information' files. I have opened one and the contents should appear below. It seems to be something to do with printing as all 107 have the name of a printer and they are in alphabetical order starting with the one that is printed here:-

[Version] Signature="$Windows NT$" Provider=%PRTPROV% ClassGUID={4D36E979-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} Class=Printer CatalogFile=webntprn.cat

[ClassInstall32.NT] AddReg=printerclassaddreg

[printerclassaddreg] HKR,,,,%%PrinterClassName%% HKR,,Icon,,"-4" HKR,,Installer32,,"ntprint.dll,ClassInstall32" HKR,,NoDisplayClass,,1 HKR,,EnumPropPages32,,"printui.dll,PrinterPropPageProvider"

[Strings] PrinterClassName="Printer" PRTPROV="Aficio"

[Manufacturer] "Aficio"="Aficio" [Aficio] "Aficio BP20 Series PCL 6"=InstallSection,"LPTENUM\AFICIOBP206298"

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

All I can gather from that is that you have a Ricoh Aficio Laser printer model BP20 which is not a lot of help to you. But as the files are in the Temp folder and seem to be small text files they are not doing any harm and will be cleared out regularly when you run CCleaner for example or Windows own clean up utility.

Like this post  
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Good old CCleaner:-)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...