We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Frontpage 2002 replacement?

Mikera

Likes # 0

Hi, I see in the latest PCA mag that support for Vista SP2 will end next year!! Currently I am using Microsoft Frontpage 2002 for a couple of web sites (not using FP Extensions). FP2002 isn't compatable with Windows 7. Can anyone please suggest an alternative web tool that will take in my existing FP2002 pages and give me similar ability to build WYSIWYG pages and edit HTML? I see FP2003 advertised for £197!!! Any suggestions will be appreciated. Regards, Mike.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Microsoft discontinued FrontPage after the 2003 version.

It was replaced with Microsoft Expression Web, and you can get more information about that If you click here

Like this post
Mikera

Likes # 0

Hi, thanks for the info. I have downloaded a trial copy of EW4 and will be spending some time seeing how it compares and how I can make the change without too much additional work. I also found some very useful infromation on a Microsoft Forum web site - article headed 'Switching from Front Page 2002 to Expressions Version 4'. Think I've now got plenty of info to make a decision. Thanks again.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Photoshop for Chromebook: a full version of Adobe's art & photography software will be streamed to...

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK