We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problems with the Num Lock

theons100

Likes # 0

Hi

I have been having a crazy problem of late involving Firefox 4, Internet Explorer (8 and 9), Safari, Opera and Chrome!! It also involves Windows Explorer Search box. I will try and type in a website address and the cursor will continually move over to the "Search Engine" bar on all of my browsers. On Internet Explorer, because it does not have a "Search Engine" bar, Windows Explorers search box will pop up. The cursor will automatically move to this box but will not let me type anything other than one character. Sometimes, the PC is on but idle, and Windows Exporer will pop up without warning!! I have tried everything, System Restore point, removing all browsers and re-installing, removing the MS updates that I installed about a week ago, etc. I also ran three registry cleaners, and gave my system a full and deep "clean". Anti Virus reports everything to be okay as does Malwarebytes. I have now seen that if I use the number pad under the Num Lock or any of the keys on the rightside of the keyboard, this problem gets worse. If I stick to using the leftside of the keyboard then writing this post is possible. I have scoured the forums but can find nothing to assist. I cannot even use the left, right, up and down arrows to move the cursor as it puts the cursor staright up into the search engine bar as I speak.......

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback