We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

display diver not responding

naona64

Likes # 0

I have hp compaq 510. It was came with xp but I installed win7. It works fine over this last one year. Now,I Faced "Display diver not responding". the mouse arrow pionter starts freeze and then desktop screen changed to some black flase screen and become smaller(almost 1/4 of the screen on the above leftside)and then message pop up that says "Display Diver has stopped responding".It doesn't recovered. So, I have to restart my laptop. I have search about this problem but none of them are same as my problem. plz any help me out of this problem.

Like this post
kristain

Likes # 0

Hi,

Are You sure then You've got latest drivers? You can get them from Ati site here. Just click there on Motherboard Integrated Video - Full Catalyst Software (or invidual there You may change english language for other) and choose Win7 32 bit. There is now 9.9 version driver.

Before installations of new driver remember to uninstall old one first.

This error usually means then Your motherbaord is overheated. Normally there will be BSOD but Ati software react on that problem by reseting graphic card. Check Your temps with Lavalys Everest or HwMonitor . If temps will be to high use compressed air such as this and clean out all the vents with it. Laptop must be switched off and without battery.

Minimum once per year I always recommend manual clean of heat sink and fan. You may try to do it also if compressed air won't help.

How to do it check Your service documentation if it's avaible on Lenovo site. Do it only on Your own if You can do it and You if don't have warranty on it.

If You still have warranty don't clean it manually on Your own because You will loose it.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/display-driver-stopped-responding-and-has/4e8ed22d-fe52-4321-b83c-3ecd6650f91d

Like this post
naona64

Likes # 0

Thanks! kristain, I uninstalled the old one and installed newer version. Till now it works fine.. THANKS FOR HELP.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'