We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Libraries and there use

Flak999
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have just moved to Win 7 64bit from XP and I think I like it! My question is this, I have a 120Gb SSD with the OS installed and where I am going to load my applications, I also have a 1 Tb HDD where I intend to keep all my data documents, pictures music etc. What is the best way to setup the HDD directories so that they appear in the library when I open my computer?

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

You can right click on a library, select 'Properties' and 'include a folder', and browse to the folder that you want to add to that library so you can set up your folders as you want them on your data disk and then add them to the library that you want to access them from. You can also add libraries by right click on 'Libraries' and selecting 'New' to create a new library if none of the others suit your needs.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

I have it sorted now thanks, it is just a bit different from XP but I think an improvement being able to access all your documents and data spread across several storage mediums all in one place.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

View an animated vision of a better future for Ethiopian girls

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...