We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

MS Ofice 2000

Lascazerie
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have tried to install the above, but Outlook does not 'go'. I did not get a 'send/receive' button on first installation. when I reistalled I got the button but also a message: Address book AUB DLL cannot be found. AUB may not be totally correct but it was similar.

Will Windows 7 drive MS OFFICE 2000?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

The file extension for Outlook Address Book is PAB so I think this is what you mean. Take a look at this Microsoft Article

Like this post  
Lascazerie

Likes # 0

Chub_tor

Thank you very much,I shall spend a happy hour tomorrow sorting this out. Clearly my version of MS office is damaged. Again, thanks. Lascazerie

Like this post
Lascazerie

Likes # 0

Thank you 124! I have had 11 years out of my copy of MS2000 so probably should not grumble. there is always Thunderbird which seems ok but is not Outlook. Or I could pay to upgrade. Thanks to both of you, 124 and Chub_tor and any others who respond. As a first experience of using the Forum I am impressed. Lascazerie

Like this post
howard64

Likes # 0

I am using office 2000 on my windows 7 pc and found that word and excel were fine but outlook was dodgy. I needed to uninstall the program and reboot. I then went to the start bar and typed in compatibility mode and clicked on run a program from a previous operating system. I then installed it as if on an xp machine and everything worked fine from then on.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014