We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Win 7 wont boot

belcanto

Likes # 0

Hi there, Win 7 got corrupted on my Packard Bell SmartTV recently, so I decided to re-install it. It seemed to go fine and then it hung for over an hour..eventually I had to turn the PC off. On turning it on again, I found that the opening screen says "Windows Services Starting" and then a bit later "Installation will continue upon restart". It does not however go beyond there. How can I format the drive to start a totally fresh installation?

TIA Belcanto

Like this post
kristain

Likes # 0

If you have a boot failure issues in your Windows 7 operating system, you need to ensure the working of the boot device. If your boot device is hard disk, you need to check that your hard disk is working properly. If not, you need to replace or repair the hard disk. You need to repair the operating system with the installation CD/DVD. If this does not fix your problem, you need to reinstall the operating system.get more help to fix windows 7 won't boot problem. Hope this helps you.

Like this post
belcanto

Likes # 1

Hi kristain-thanks for the reply..was able to get round the problem by installing starting to install Vista first, then deleting the partition and formatting the drive. Then my next task was too install Vista properly, followed by doing a clean install of Win 7 over it. So now it seems to be working okay now..got a bit of tweaking and downloading to do but okay so far...

Like this post
tenshin5426

Likes # 0

a really common problem with the pb smart tv, is that it tends to have high running temps and this causes the life of components to decrease, download a tool such as seatools and check the hdd as i think your likley to find that its failing.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014