We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem after updating

GBL
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am using Win 7 32 bit. I have now got a problem after automatic updates from MS. This occurs now on every shut down and power up. The message, Please do not switch off, installing updates etc. then on power up, Installing updates etc it freezes for agaes then fails and reboots. What has gone wrong??

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I would go into System Restore and look for a restore point dated before the updates were downloaded and let it restart to that date. Set your update option to download but not install updates and then install them one by one, perhaps re-booting yourself after each update to see which one is causing your system to hang.

Like this post
GBL

Likes # 0

I have tried yet again to download what I think was the offending update and hopefully it now has worked, time will tell.

Like this post
GBL

Likes # 0

All appears well now so it must have been down to a failed update which has now been rectified.

Thanks to all.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July