We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

3.5mm audio splitter.

omegaalpha

Likes # 0

Hey, I bought a new PC (Win 7 HP, 32-bit) and I think that the sound card (an ASUS Xonar DS 7.1) is physically faulty.

I have 5.1 surround sound system, and there are three audio jacks, a green; a black and a yellow. I plugged them into their respective ports on the audio card, but I have a lot of white noise and a high pitch "squeal" when I turn the speakers on.

I know that there is a physical fault with the card, as everytime I physically manipulate the yellow jack (whilst still connected to the audio card) I can reduce, not eliminate, the high pitch "squeal" and the white noise. If I unplug the yellow jack, there is no high pitch "squeal" - hence the assumption to the physical fault.

What I want to do is find an audio jack splitter; a cable that has 3 female plugs that merge into 1 male audio jack - and plug this in to just one audio port on the card. If all 5 speakers work on just one audio port of the card, then I know that one (or more) of the other audio ports are faulty and then I can get a replacement from the manufacturer.

The question here is; does anyone know of a place that sells this type of cabling? I've tried looking on the net, but cannot find anything relevant?

Greatly appreciate any help, Thanks, Omegaalpha :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days