We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Window 7 rearm

rscott74

Likes # 0

I'm not good with PCs. I'm trying to rearm Windows 7 activation. I'm using command prompt for the first time. When I enter "slgmr -rearm" I'm told "slmgr" is not a valid command. I'm running as administrator and closely following on-line guide. Can anyone offer an explanation/solution?

Thanks

Bob

Like this post
rscott74

Likes # 0

I can't remove (delete) from desktop because "file is open in AVIDSgent". It's no great problem as it can just sit on desktop but is it possible to remove?

Like this post
a member

Likes # 0

thats a new one on me ,are you sure you dont mean AVGIDSAgent ,an avg app. whilst holding down Ctrl and Alt, tap the del button and select task manager , look up the process under the processes tab and highlight it ,then select stop process ,you should then be able to remove the file .

Like this post
rscott74

Likes # 0

It never ends!! Found on task manager when tried to close access was denied. Should I restart PC?

Like this post
rscott74

Likes # 0

I've solved the removable problem. Disabled AGV Identity Protection which removed process in Task Manager list, deleted file from desktop then enabled AGV component

Like this post
rscott74

Likes # 0

Thanks, particularly to merlinx, for your help. The PC is working OK today and so far I have received no activation requests. I still don't know how and when or even if it rearmed as I never got notification after using any cmd. There is still no reference to activation on computer>properties.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?