We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Multiple Shortcuts

mcjczoe

Likes # 0

I have numerous folders each of which contain jpg images. I need to create shortcuts to all these images but I need tyhe shortcut to be created in the same folder as the original image. How can I do this without selecting each file individually and creating the shortcut? I have tried using the search facility to identify all the jpgs but can only create shortcuts to the desktop this way.

Like this post
Thalmus

Likes # 0

select all images, hold the right mouse button down on a file a drag a little, release the mouse button and select create shortcut here

Like this post
mcjczoe

Likes # 0

Thnaks but this does not solev the problem. The jpgs are in a large number of differnet folders and I need the shortcuts to be created in the smae folder as each image ie lots of different folders.

Like this post
a member

Likes # 0

so you want to create shortcuts to each individual photo ,and in the same folder that the originals exist in . as pointed out by Thalmus its simple enough but you need to enter each folder and select all images , you can either click somewhere outside one of the images on one of the corners and drag the mouse over all of them to highlight them (blue) then right click anywhere within the highlighted area and select "create shortcut ." this will create a shortcut for each (all) the images in the same folder , you can then move the shortcuts if you like to any other folder and they will work (link) .but you cannot move an original image or that will render any shortcut for that image useless. and alternative method to "select all" it to simply click on Organize (upper left within any folder) and choose select all , once selected all items withing that folder will be manipulated as a whole .

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...