We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

No Explorer after update Windows 7

night

Likes # 0

After updating my lap top which has Windows 7, it installed Explorer 9 plus other updates, I now find I have no explorer at all infact it wont even load home page being BBC, and have tried restore to earlier date but it will not load explorer has anyone experienced this and how does one correct the problem.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Have you tried using the command Run, then typing in iexplore.exe instead of using the Internet Explorer icon?

Like this post
night

Likes # 0

Hello chub_tor I have tried as you say but no good Ihave removed explorer 9 and reinstalled and sill no joy would welcome any further ideas.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Try this:-

1. Close all running programs.
  2. Click 'Start', and then click 'Control Panel'.
  3. Click 'Find and Fix Problems' under System and Security.
  4. Click 'View All' on the task pane on the left.
  5. Click 'Internet Explorer Performance'.
  6. Click 'Next' in the dialogue box.

The troubleshooter will run and will try to fix any identified problems automatically. When it's finished Click 'Close', and then try IE9

If that doesn't work we can think again.

Like this post
a member

Likes # 0

err, FE I think you missed out one step ,should it have been troubleshooting as No3 then the rest "as is"

Like this post
night

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

Many thanks for your suggestion, but alas it will not work, and I only have System in my control panel not as you say system and security, I have removed the upadte and downloaded it yet again but it will not display ? only Explorer 8 will work, I seek further suggestion please

Like this post
a member

Likes # 0

have you tried downloading the standalone installer direct from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-9/worldwide-languages often intalling directly will work when windows update installation fails .

Like this post
night

Likes # 0

I havr tried the standalone installer yes it downloads ok but it will not display no matter how you try but it is online I am puzzled and as soon as I remove Explorer 9 Explorer 8 works perfectly I will seek Microsoft Advice but thanks for your suggestion Merlinex

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Microsoft help Some advice here.

Like this post
kristain

Likes # 0

At times, you may face installation issues with your Internet Explorer 9 Beta. Installation may fail due to the insufficient hard disk space. Also, malware infection blocks the installation of Internet Explorer 9 Beta. Improper installation, incompatible Internet Explorer versions (old version of Internet Explorer is not compatible with Windows 7 Operating System), etc. may arise while installing Internet Explorer 9 Beta in Windows 7 Operating

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED