We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do I copy windows mail??

Thursty71

Likes # 0

We currently have a desktop that is running on Windows Vista and the mother in law has just given us a year old laptop with Windows 7 on. How do I move/copy my windows mail account and all its contents onto the laptop?? Everything I have read to advise on this so far just seems really long winded and I'm sure there must be a quick way to do it?? Can anyone help step by step??

Many thanks in advance

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Windows mail is a web mail client,just open your account on the new computer,at least i think thats right lol.

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

Windows Mail is not web based it is similar to Outlook Express. Win7 uses Windows Live Mail which personally I do not like. Why M$ have to keep changing software is as far as I am concerned a pain in the butt. If some people like Live Mail etc. OK but why can't they let you download a previous version if that is your choice.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Export Windows Mail procedure Click Here Import Windows Mail procedure Click Here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do