We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

vista repair after crcdisk.sys error

kriscadman

Likes # 0

hi all

my pc stopped working last week, it just sticks on the black microsoft corporation screen with the green loading taskbar

i've tried loading in safemode which doesnt work. i've also downloaded the 64 bit nd 32 bit recovery cd's but that doesn't work either.

i used a program to boot and saw that the hard drive has no partition

i've managed to get vista ultimate dvd's in 32 and 64 bit. i've put the 32bit disc in and booted from cd. it starts to load windows files and then goes to above mentioned loading screen and just stops like before.

the hard drive makes 2 clicks every few seconds like it is looking for something in a sector, and doesnt sound like any other broken hard drive noise i've heard before

any ideas what i can do?

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

You need to check the disk for problems.

Go to the website of the hard drive manufacturer and download their diagnostic software and run it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...