We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Vista Sidebar Met Office Gadget

Klodshans

Likes # 0

Something has corrupted the software, so that each time I try to open the gadget to go to the Met Office website, it just opens a document in MS Word instead and consequently doesn't work. I have tried to uninstall it and re-install it and it makes no difference. Any ideas?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Do other links in your browser work correctly? A possibility, and at this stage a small possibility, is that the default program for html has been changed to Word. You could check the default program.

As a safety measure I would scan for viruses and malware.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Had a strange problem once with the weather gadget that was cured by deleting the appropriate foldeer and setting the gadget up again.

click here

I had a suspicion that registry cleaners were at the botom of it all.

Totally different I know but worth a try maybe.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Just noticed you say "met office" gadget... I was referring to the Windows one...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED