We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Roxio Easy DVD copy and API error

Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

Had a lot of malware removed from my Vista Laptop, when opening my Roxio Easy DVD Copy I get a error Could not initialise API and all I can do is click ok on thie dialouge box and it closes. I am unable to open Roxio at all.

I have tried a uninstall and reinstall with no cure. HELP Please

I have googled with no cure.

Like this post
Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

Copy that the Vista UAC windows pops up and it doesn't seem to like the Autoupdater.exe home permits of Roxio.

Any group members this this may resolve my problem and how do I allow the Roxio not to be gripped by UAC Please

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Had a similar problem some 5 years ago, What I did was to download 'Roxio Zap' to delete every bit of the Program (including bits in the registry),

Version 1.0 click here

Version 1.5 click here

This click here is the Thread I found 5 years ago, Read it First, as there is a Warning if you have other Roxio Progs on your PC.

David.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Reinstall your Roxio Easy DVD copy V7.

Like this post
Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

Your a star if it works. Going to try it when I read the other thread you point me towards. Thank U!

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

The OP in that thread was installing Version 8 Over Version 7.

I was just re-installing version 7 after an over-active Anti-Virus program went mad and deleted parts of EMC7 it thought were infected, They were clean, But could not recover them, Hence the Re-install.

Like this post
Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

Lazarus The 2nd Roxio removal tool worked and kept the Registry Filters intact!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days