We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Computer keeps trying to access website

eskimosean

Likes # 0

A programme on my computer keeps trying to access a file on the filesharing site, weirden.com. Webroot spyware is stopping it (it tries once every 2 seconds), but I was wondering if there is a way of finding out what programme is sending the request to start with please!

Thanks

Like this post
Big L 266

Likes # 0

Hello.

eskimosean....I would suggest rather than look for the programme which is sending out the request,you run a full security sweep to get rid of the cause.You clearly have a most annoying 'bug' that has to be got rid of.

If you don't already have them,I suggest you download SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes.The get the updates and run full scans of both.After each one,and should there be any bugs,remove them and restart before moving onto the next.I would also suggest you download ccleaner afterwards and then run it to remove the accumulated 'rubbish'.

The good news is that all three are free and are a worthy set of 'troops' to have defending and protecting your computer.

I hope you have a paid-for security system such as Norton 360? If yes,run a full scan of this or your equivalent as well.

All the best.

Big L 266

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added