We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

creating video dvd's

conrail

Likes # 0

using vista home premium 64 bit sp2, son at uni is doing tv & film course and has started to send me videos of his work to comment on, they are in VLC format, no problem vieing via VLC player but what would be the best program to use to burn them to DVD?
he sends them on a usb key and can burn them at uni for his course but they have to remain at uni
all help and advice greatly appreciated

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

VLC format, Is not a Video Type,

Which one of these below is it?

Video File Types click here

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks Lazarus The 2nd , the file is shown as:
VLC media file (.avi) (.avi) with an orange and white traffic cone as the icon
I have Ashampoo's burning studio 10 which wont recognize the file

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Have you tried Windows DVD Maker that should recognise AVI's, if not download a free video converter program and change the format.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Have tried loading .AVIs (Many of them in the last two days) into Ashampoo BS9 & BS10 and all were recognised.

Either they are corrupt somehow or a non-standard format.

Try this DVD Flick click here

About DVD Flick click here

DVD Flick Manual (.PDF) click here

DVD Flick Guide click here

Features
Supported video codecs click here

Give it a go, I hasn't failed me yet (Famous last Words) ;-)

David.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Just remember that the free versions of Ashampoo burning studios will not convert all files to DVD. FLV is supported in the bought product if I remember rightly..

Like this post
HWJC

Likes # 0

Disclaimer: I'm absolutely useless on anything to do with DVDs so don't take anything I write as gospel, but...

A recent issue of Micromart had a walkthrough on DVD burning and the software they used and recommended was Handbrake at click here

I haven't tried it yet but it seemed pretty comprehensive.

PS: I also use Vista Home Premium SP2 here

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

sorry about the delay in replying, I am using DVD Flick, many many thanks for your time, help and advice.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone